Jorja Fox: Online has but one goal: The goal of this website is to create a set of reliable resources about the actress Jorja Fox.
Above all else, I ask Primum non nocere. Don't be an ass, and don't be evil, don't be a dick. If you can keep that in mind, you'll probably be fine.
The charter of JFO is a respectful place to post news and discuss Jorja Fox, her roles and her life. If you want to stay here and post, you have to respect your fellow fans and their opinions.
I am neither pro nor anti any relationship and I do not support one TV show over another, or one movie over another. Therefore, on this site, fans are not restricted from posting their beliefs, and even people who dislike Jorja Fox are welcome here. The only topics not permitted are ones that are hateful, or ones that speculate on Jorja's personal life.
Simply put, so long as you're willing to engage in an open and cordial discussion, back up your comments with sources, and agree to disagree if it comes down to it, you're welcome to post here.
I suggest you read the FAQs before asking questions, as most of the common questions are answered there.
- Jorja Fox: Online is about Jorja Fox.
While dissenting views are welcome, this is a site for and about Jorja Fox. If you're coming here just to bash her, you're at the wrong site. If you're anti-Sara but pro-Jorja, you're perfectly welcome, so long as you can be civil.
- Speculation about Jorja Fox's personal life is not permitted
You're allowed to talk about anything that is open, public knowledge (her mother's death from cancer, for example), but anything that isn't (her sexuality or the rampant pregnancy rumors) are not welcome topics here. You should afford Jorja the same respect and privacy you would anyone else, and leave rumors out of her personal life.
- Respect other community members.
Fans come from many different countries and cultures, and have widely different views. Treating others with respect is key. For some guidelines, see Assume good faith and Shipper Guidelines.
To put it in simpler terms: This is a privately owned website and as such, the webmaster is not required to provide reason or justification for banning you or deleting your comments.
You are expected to abide by these principles:
- be courteous and respectful: in your comments treat everyone as you would want to be treated
- add value: say something new that others would want to read
- give accurate information in the spirit of being helpful
- if you disagree with someone, disagree respectfully
- admit the possibility of fault and respect different points of views
- if you screw up, take responsibility for your actions
Unacceptable comments include but are not be limited to:
- insults, name-calling, abuse and vilification
- a pattern of commenting that harasses, stalks, or threatens others
- libelous or knowingly false comments
- comments that infringe upon any copyright, trademark or trade secret of any third party (in other words, LINK to articles, don't copy them here)
- comments that contain adult content or links to them
- violating an obligation of confidentiality or the privacy of others
- general political remarks (ie denunciations of political parties, ideologies or politicians) unrelated to the topic
- excessively frequent comments, where the effect of such comments is to discourage the participation of others or turn a debate around into one about themselves
- imputing ideas or motives to others or stereotyping them because of perceived group membership or ideological affiliation
- consistently repeated and/or aggressively stated opinions which fail to engage with others is regarded as a form of trolling
- comments which are designed to derail threads
- comments contesting earlier moderation decisions
Comment moderation is automated, and catches posters based on certain keywords, phrases, and other minutia in their comments. This is to prevent spammers and nothing more. Also, if you use certain hot-topic words, your post will automatically be held for moderation. This can take up to 72 hours to be reviewed, as right now there's only one moderator, and I have a real life.
Cookies are stored on your computer by visiting JFO and are used to record traffic information and (if applicable) your username and password. That information is, in turn, used to measure traffic, provide behavioral information to advertising, and prevent abuse of the website. While you are free to block cookies via your browser settings, your IP address will always be recorded when you visit this site. When you leave a comment, you are required to provide an email address. While that information is recorded, it will only be used to prevent abuse of the server and other visitors. Be advised, in the pursuit of accuracy, your information may be shared with other respected and trusted individuals, in order to verify identities.
You are not permitted to reveal anyone else's personal information. Basically, you can talk about how you crashed your car, but no one else should bring that up without your permission. Violators of this policy will be banned and their ISPs notified. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, real names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. In short, if it's not your information, don't post it. Period. This is an issue of respect.
If you feel someone is harassing you, please contact the webmaster with what information you have, and the situation will be investigated as quickly as possible. You may be asked for email addresses and, if possible, IPs to verify identities.
Your Personal Information
Other than using a legitimate email address (i.e. not a throwaway), no further personal information is requested by this site. I will never ask for your real name, phone number, website, or any other information. Your email address is always hidden on your profile, and there is no option to make it visible. Basically, if you want people to contact you, the onus is on you to give them that information.
JFO uses an off-site resource for avatars, know as Gravatar. Sign up on gravatar.com with the same email you use on this site, and your avatar will appear.
Deletion of Accounts
No accounts are needed to post on this website, so nothing needs to be deleted.
If you wish to leave the email lists, or comment subscriptions, there are directions at the end of every email.
Use of Material From This Site
Use of material, be it news articles, blog posts or images are permitted within certain guidelines. Please see the Copyright Information for details.