Orangutan Outreach is part of BOS International. The purpose of Orangutan Outreach is:
* To conserve orangutans in their native habitat.
* To raise and promote public awareness of, and participation in, conservation strategies for orangutans through grassroots campaigns, community involvement and global communication.
* To collaborate with Indonesian conservationists in the running of orangutan rehabilitation centers.
* To fund rescue efforts of orangutans confiscated on palm oil plantations.
* To fund rescue efforts of orangutans held illegally by private owners, whether commercial or individual, who are in direct violation of CITES.
* To collaborate with zoos and animal parks in North America to promote awareness of orangutan conservation efforts.
* To use the Internet to provide orangutan-related curriculum materials free of charge.
* To fundraise locally and globally to support these goals.
Jorja Fox recorded a PSA for Orangutan Outreach in the spring of 2008.
Jorja Fox: Can you hear that? The Earth. Home to millions of species. Take a moment. Listen. In the rainforests of Borneo, orphan orangutans are being given a second chance, but they need out help. Or we’ll be left here all alone. Save the forest, save the planet, reach out and save the orangutans. To find out how you can help, please visit us online at redapes.org.